Wednesday 22 June 2011

You can't predict the weather....

All photographers will tell that a bit of cloud in the sky makes for interesting photos.  Solid cloud cover is a different matter though......


Where I live we have some great hill walks and all sorts of sculptures that the local Councils have had commissioned so as to make your walk more interesting.  One of these pieces is named the singing tree,  basically, it's lots of pipes that have been assembled so as ;

  1. to resemble a tree sculpted by the wind
  2. to whistle or 'sing' as the wind blows across the pipes
It works really well and creates a great aspect to the landscape.


Today I went up there with the sole purpose of photographing this tree......  Of course I had to hang around long enough to catch the only bit of blue sky to come my way in the hour I was their. 
I think the result (post processing, which is just a B& W conversion and a texture boarder) is really good.... Let me know your thoughts....


F22 ND filter ND8+4 for 0.5 sec
I fired my flash during the exposure in order to bring out the structure on the near side of the image....
Cropped 20 in x 8in

No comments:

Post a Comment