Friday 8 July 2011

Football Stadiums Don't Always Have Foot Ballers



Last week I got invited to cover a Sit-a-thon.  Now the thing with this gig was that there was no payment......  NO PAYMENT I hear you scream....!!!!  Then why do it....?
Being a successful photographer is not only about your prowess with a camera, it's also about your people skills....  The way you handle clients and contacts, the way you network......  The Sit-a-thon was for Greater Manchester Police with photos in the paper and a World famous School band playing.  The GMP Chief Inspector , the Mayor & Mayoress of Manchester and the Deputy Head of the School,  (from the School Band) where all in attendance.
This means that my face gets known.... 
My brand gets known....  (always pass out your business card,  even if they bin it, they've still looked at it and it's logo).
They get to meet you as a photographer.......


You also get to take great publicity shots for your portfolio,  photos that as Jo public you would never get....


So I'll let you decide.....
Organise your subjects...  you can see what your after, don't be afraid to direct people

Great leading lines great foreground and background interest

Now you know what the Police Commissioner looks like
Smithills School Concert Band
School Band Principle Cornet player

The Charity Promo Shot

And a composite bit of fun with multiple shots and photoshop layers
All in all not a bad days work.....  Got great shots, got to meet new people,  made some good contacts....
The Deputy Head gave me his Email for a copy of the shots,  so now I've got his email for mail shots and  the school proms / grad photos.
The Charity will keep me on the books for the Big job that comes up.

And I had a great day out in one of the best Football Stadiums in the Country...

Winner all round I'd say 


No comments:

Post a Comment